Lost & Found Pets
Preparation is Key
Each cat and dog adopted from the Fairfax County Animal Shelter is microchipped before leaving the facility. In addition, thanks to Friends and your support, each goes home wearing a collar with a personalized tag, and a leash (dogs only).
Despite these preventative measures, pets can get lost.
If your pet is lost:
- File a lost pet report with the Shelter.
- View found animals currently housed at the Shelter.
- Read tips on actions you can take to find your pet.
If you find a pet:
- File a found pet report with the Shelter.
- Even if you are planning to hold on to the pet yourself, please file a report.
Our Volunteer Board of Directors furthers the mission and vision of FFCAS improving the lives of homeless pets
Each year, more than 5,000 domestic animals make their way to the Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
Click the link below for our current and historical annual reports.
Access our complete library of frequently asked questions to learn more about FFCAS and how you can help.