In addition to the Shelter pets, Friends also supports the animal-loving community.
Ways We Help You:
- Educate the community on the importance of, and find ways to further spay-and-neuter efforts in Fairfax County, including low-cost options.
- Promote and support low-cost rabies and vaccination clinics in Fairfax County.
- Support special adoption events at the shelter.
- Promote and support humane trap–neuter–return (TNR) efforts to manage community cat populations.
- Support pet and human victims in domestic abuse situations by providing funding to the Pet Haven Program.
- Promote the adoption of homeless dogs, cats, birds, small mammals and reptiles in Fairfax County
Ways We Help Shelter Staff:
- Purchase needed medical equipment.
- Fund additional training for Shelter staff.
- Help fund projects related to Shelter remodeling needs.
A special thanks to the following photographers, who not only volunteer their time and talents at the Fairfax County Animal Shelter, but gave us permission to use their stunning images on our website.
- Ron Taylor
- Veralana Photography
- Mike Whalen
Our Volunteer Board of Directors furthers the mission and vision of FFCAS improving the lives of homeless pets
Each year, more than 5,000 domestic animals make their way to the Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
Proceeds from sales of these items benefit pets at the Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
Your donations to Friends and Finnigan’s Fund are crucial to saving lives.